EASY 6 Cheese Baked Mac and Cheese Recipe
For my homemade mac and cheese recipe, I’ve chosen the 6 Cheese Italian from Sargento. I like my mac and cheese to have a very distinct flavor. I don’t want it to taste like a boring meal from a box — we’re going for distinct and exciting here folks!
6 Cheese Mac & Cheese
Yield: 8 side servings
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20-25 mins
Total Time: 30-35 mins
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 cups milk
3 tbsp flour
3 cups Sargento 6 Cheese Mac & Cheese
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (less if you don't like any heat)
salt to taste
1 lb elbow macaroni, al dente
1. Cook elbow macaroni to al dente, drain and set aside.
2. Heat a deep skillet over medium heat, then add olive oil and butter.
3. After the butter melts, add flour a little at a time while whisking. Cook flour through, around 2-3 minutes.
4. Add milk slowly while whisking and bring to boil while whisking.
5. Allow milk to thicken a bit, then add 2 cups of cheese, a little at a time while stirring until all cheese has been added.
6. Add cayenne pepper and stir, then add cooked macaroni to sauce.
7. Evenly distribute sauce and macaroni, then move to a deep baking dish.
8. Add remaining cheese to the top and broil under brown and crispy.
This recipe is a big hit in my family and the perfect comfort food for the upcoming chilly season!