Easy Classic Banana Bread Recipe
A very easy and dangerously delicious banana bread recipe. Only 8 ingredients needed for this no-fail loaf of goodness and you’ll never waste those overripe bananas again!
If I’m going to be completely honest, I sometimes go a little “bananas” when I buy bananas. As in, I always buy more than my family can actually consume before they are overripe. Not always, but it does happen from time to time.
⇒ a quick tip: keep your bananas longer by covering the stems with plastic wrap and a rubber band (to hold in place)
I don’t like to waste bananas, even if they’re brown and too mushy for my liking, so banana bread is always the best solution! Just 2-3 over-ripe bananas can create a loaf of 12 servings that will provide many breakfast meals for my family, too.
I have been using this easy, and very classic, banana bread recipe from Allrecipes.com for years because it never fails me, it’s super simple, and only requires 7 ingredients: over-ripe mashed bananas, brown sugar, butter, salt, baking soda, flour, egg, and vanilla extract.
Of course, this bread would be even more fun and delicious with chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruit…or whatever you or your family would love best, but it certainly doesn’t require it. Especially when you put a pad of butter on each warm slice. The video below for drooling purposes…
But, for now, let’s get to the basics of banana bread, shall we?
⇒ a quick tip: bread is done when a toothpick of the center comes out clean
The easy recipe is below. Save, print, pin, do as you like!
Easy Classic Banana Bread Recipe
- 2 1/3 cups overripe bananas mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Add a pad of butter to each slice while (best when still warm) before serving!
So, if you see yourself having a few overripe bananas and want to create some magic, this is the solution for you.
This banana bread also pairs beautifully with hot coffee or tea or smothered with our Pumpkin Butter recipe.
Please let me know how your banana bread turned out in the comments below!
More Mom Spark bread recipes to try:
- Sweet Tea Carrot Cake Banana Bread
- Crock-Pot Slow Cooker Herb Bread Recipe
- Pumpkin Bourbon Bread Pudding
- Easy Crescent Roll Monkey Bread Recipe
- Mocha Swirl Bread with Espresso Glaze Recipe
- Easy Moist Ginger Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Cold Tea Gingerbread with Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting
- Strawberry Bread with Strawberry Butter Recipe
- Chocolate Orange Zucchini Bread Recipe
- Easy Strawberry Banana Bread Recipe
- Cheesy Cornbread Supreme Recipe
- Kate Kilbane’s Irish Soda Bread Recipe
- Easy Beer Bread Recipe
- Homemade Pull-Apart Dinner Bread Rolls Recipe
- Easy Cheesy Parmesan Italian Biscuits Recipe
- Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
- Easy Bread Nougat Recipe
*This post may contain affiliate links.
Founder of Mom Spark – a lifestyle blog for moms.